Wednesday, November 16, 2011

The 2011 Million Dollar Bra- The Fantasy Treasure Bra


Every year since 1996, Victoria's Secret has created "the Million Dollar Bra". This year, Miranda Kerr, Orlando Bloom's amazingly beautiful and hot wife and baby momma, had the pleasure of walking down the runway in Victoria's Secret Fashion Show in this year's edition. This London Jewelers designed jewel-encrusted bra is adorned with over 3,400 precious gems and 142 karats of white and yellow diamonds, valuing it at 2.5 million dollars. The bra, called "the Fantasy Treasure Bra", completed the supposed "ice peacock" look that the Australian bombshell rocked. To me, it looks like something a virginal mermaid princess would wear, with the light, ocean-like colors, and the pearl details. Why am I so obsessed with bedazzled lingerie?! It's a problem.


I may be biased with my love of sea-inspired things, mermaids, and sparkly, ridiculously expensive underwear, but whatever. In my opinion, this year's million dollar bra is the best one yet. Take a look at the others from the past years:

1996: Claudia Schiffer in Million Dollar Miracle Bra ($1 mil)

1997: Tyra banks in Diamond Dream Bra ($3 mil)
1998: Daniela Pestova in Dream Angel Fantasy Bra ($5 mil)
1999: Heidi Klum in Millenium Bra ($10 mil)
2000: Gisele Bundchen in Red Hot Fantasy Bra ($15 mil)
2001: Heidi Klum in Heavenly Star Bra ($12.5 mil)
2002: Karolina Kurkova in Star of Victoria Fantasy Bra ($10 mil)
2003: Heidi Klum in Very Sexy Fantasy Bra ($11 mil)
2004: Tyra Banks in Heavenly "70" Fantasy Bra ($10 mil)
2005: Gisele Bundchen in Sexy Splendor Fantasy Bra ($12.5 mil)
2006: Karolina Kurkova in Hearts on Fire Diamond Fantasy Bra ($6.5 mil)
2007: Selita Ebanks in Holiday Fantasy Bra ($4.5 mil)
2008: Adriana Lima in Black Diamond Fantasy Miracle Bra ($5 mil)
2009: Marisa Miller in Harlequin Fantasy Bra ($3 mil)

2010: Adriana Lima in Bombshell Fantasy Bra ($2 mil)
Whether you are contemplating on what else these millions of dollars could have gone to- like helping children in Zimbabwe or saving the polar bears in Alaska, having the urge to rub one out in the bathroom, or immediately feel insecure and inadequate as a woman, I'm sure you've had enough of these perfect, not-human beings. As for me, I'm gonna go throw up my dinner now.

2 comments:

  1. just found your blog since I saw Elizabeth retweeted your tweet about your Bollare internship! I interned there over summer and loveddd it!

    I have a blog too and I'm so happy to have found yours! Now I have a fellow-Bollare intern to follow! wooo

    xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Kelcy! Ah that's amazing! How long ago did you intern?!

    ReplyDelete