Wednesday, November 9, 2011

I'm the Rainbow Fish, duh!

The Rainbow Fish by Marcus Pfister

"A long way out in the deep blue sea there lived a fish.

Not just an ordinary fish, but the most beautiful fish in the entire ocean. His scales were every shade of blue and green and purple, with sparkling silver scales among them.

The other fish were amazed at his beauty. They called him Rainbow Fish. “Come on, Rainbow Fish,” they would call. “Come and play with us!” But the Rainbow Fish would just glide past, proud and silent, letting his scales shimmer."

 Long story short, the Rainbow Fish was the most beautiful fish in the whole ocean, with his glittery scales of blues and greens and purples and silvers and what not. He had no friends because he did not want to share his scales with the other less glamorous fish. In the end, he realizes that he should share and make friends.. which is more important than being lonely and beautiful. In my opinion, Rainbow Fish should have looked for better looking friends so he didn't have to dress down and change himself... But I guess that wouldn't make a good children's book.



For Halloween, I decided to be Rainbow Fish- the selfish, lonely one that still had all her scales. I was inspired by the crystal-encrusted bodysuits on my previous post on the Spring 2012 line of Dolce & Gabbana.

 This looks like Rainbow Fish right? No? Just me? Ok. Either way, I found it a good excuse to wear a sparkly bodysuit. Although it would have been much easier and more preferable to purchase this hot, little number, I don't think even 100 of my paychecks could pay for it. So instead, I attempted to make one. I originally wanted to rhinestone & bedazzle the whole thing, in an intricate pattern like the one here, but I don't have enough time what with work, interning, and school. I'm just such a busy girl with a cool, busy life, you know. Throwing that plan out the window, I bought high-waisted underwear, a bra that had crochet-like fabric under it, and lots & lots of glitter- blues, turquoises, purples, silvers.

And it came out like this- minus my equally glitterfied pumps (and yes, I am aware my pictures make me look like a self-obsessed camera whore) :


My version.

I even look like I'm in the ocean! ;)
At the end of the night.










No comments:

Post a Comment