Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Vera Wang 2012

I have recently found out that I got the opportunity to intern for VERA WANG this summer in New York City. This is huge. Working for a world-reknown fashion designer, living in the Big Apple, and testing my independence in a matter of a few months is exactly what I need to do. I know that if given the green light by my parents, I would immediately shoot back an e-mail to the head of Human Resources with my availability, start and end date, and the headshot of me that they requested. 

This opportunity would be an investment for my future. What employer in their right mind would turn down a girl in her (very) early 20s, who interned for Vera Wang? Mom, I hope you're reading this. It is a rarity for anything to ever spark my interest, let alone ignite an irresistible desire in me- whether it be a boy, a weekend vacation, or an upcoming concert. Yet this chance, right here, does that to me times a thousand.

So here it is. This blog post is dedicated to the unique and breathtaking creations of Vera Wang, who TIME Magazine has named one of the top 100 influential fashion icons. 

Not only that, with all these wedding engagements going on at my university, this whole bridal couture post is VERY relevant. How is it that some girls can get a proposal when I can't even get a consistent text conversation going with a guy? Anyway, that's besides the point. Enjoy.

Spring 2012

Fall 2012
Here's what TIME Magazine said about Vera:

“When Vera Wang was planning her wedding in 1989, she was frustrated by the scant selection of gowns. So she designed her own. The rest, as they say, is fashion history. A former figure skater and fashion editor, Wang has become one of the best-known names in bridal wear. Name a famous female, and chances are she wore Wang to her wedding. Vera Wang evening gowns are also staples on awards-show red carpets. As Wang’s name gained clout, she didn’t restrict her brand to the upper crust. She struck a deal with department store Kohl’s that led to an affordable line called Simply Vera, and she also boasts fragrance, jewelry and lingerie lines. Wang’s designs, whether high- or low-market, have made her synonymous with modern, romantic femininity.” TIME Magazine.

No comments:

Post a Comment