Monday, May 7, 2012

Met Gala Ball 2012

It's Met Gala time, or as some people like to call it, "Oscars of the East Coast." This is the annual Costume Institute Ball that celebrates the opening of the Metropolitan Museum's fashion exhibit at the Costume Institute. The event, which is hosted by Vogue, is the world's best red carpet event for fashion. Each year, celebrities, designers, and other fashion icons flock together to show off their designer threads.

This is my best dressed list:

1. Camilla Belle in Ralph Lauren
2. Jessica Alba in Michael Kors
3. January Jones in Versace
4. Kate Bosworth in Prada
5.Vera Wang in Vera Wang
6. Emily Blunt in Calvin Klein
7. Renee Zellwegger in Emilio Pucci
8. Cate Blanchett in Alexander McQueen


Looking at my best dressed list, I see a pattern- I like metallics, neutral colors, bright colors, low backs, and feathers. Camilla Belle looks drop. dead. gorgeous. Kate Bosworth is a vision in feathers. Vera Wang is rocking those cut-outs. And I've never seen Emily Blunt look this good.

And with every Best Dressed list, there's a Worst:

1. Elizabeth Banks in Mary Katrantzou
2. Bianca Brandolini D'Adda in Dolce & Gabbana
3. Ashley Olsen... in who knows what?
4. Shailene Woodley in Christopher Kane
5. Anja Rubik in Anthony Vaccarello
6. Leighton Meester in Marchesa
7. Kirsten Stewart in Balenciaga
8. Diane Von Furstenburg


I don't even know how to comment on my worst dressed list. 1 & 2 don't need explanations. Ashley Olsen needs to crawl back into the tombstone that she looks like she crawled out of. Shailene Woodley-- I'd rather be a teen mom than wear that dress. I feel like I have morning sickness thanks to you. Anja Rubik--- sorry, your barely there dress look isn't working. Others have done the high-slit way before you and looked much better (ex: Gwyneth Paltrow & Angelina Jolie). Besides, your hip bone is not the best accessory. Leighton Meester... I love you, but I'd rather see Blaire Waldorf on this red carpet. And again, no need for explanation for the last two.

That is all.

No comments:

Post a Comment