Sunday, June 3, 2012

Charlize Theron as Ravenna in Snow White & the Huntsman


Charlize Theron is an effing goddess. I just watched Snow White and the Huntsman and I could not prevent myself from salivating every time Charlize Theron as Ravenna came onto the screen. She is so fierce, so bad-ass, so beautiful. They should have called the movie Queen Ravenna because that is who stole the entire show. I'm not going to even go into her impeccable acting, as that is not my forte. Just as amazing as her acting, though, were her costumes. Holy. Shit. They were gorgeous. I could barely follow the storyline and plot because I was so mesmerized by the intricate costumes.












If you have any sense of what is aesthetically pleasing to the eye, you probably have been holding your breath for the past couple minutes while scrolling through these pictures. Like... right?!? Colleen Atwood, the designer of these costumes (and also a 9-time Academy Award nominee for costume design) is a mother effing genius. If I looked 1/10 as good as Charlize Theron does in the movie (and in real life), I would sacrifice the souls of young women in order to maintain immortality and beauty and use my looks to manipulate men into acquiring a kingdom, too. Except... If I were Queen Ravenna, I sure as hell would not have Kristen Stewart (Snow White) get away. At the end of the movie, I for sure would have had that pasty girl's heart in my hand.

No comments:

Post a Comment