Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Saved by the Belle: Kelly Kapowski


No, Saved by the Belle was not a spelling error.

By definiton, belle is:
A beautiful girl or woman, esp. the most beautiful at a particular event or in a particular group.

And Kelly Kapowski was just that. 


Of the 90s, Kelly Kapowski was the It Girl. Every girl wanted to be her and every guy wanted to... engage in sexual intercourse with her. She was Bayside's most popular and hottest girl and if she went to any school even today, it wouldn't be any different. 

Luckily for me, Saved by the Bell, one of my all-time favorite shows, has been playing on MTV2. And the more I watch it, the more I realize that Kelly's fashionable ways has followed us all the way to today, more than 20 years later. Her sense of style can even be seen in my very own closet. Bright neons, crop tops, high-waisted bottoms, bodycon dresses, floral prints. Those pieces are things I wear in my everyday life... except now, of course. It's hard to get anything over this obnoxious neck brace.

Anyway, take a look at Kelly Kapowski's common looks:







Now... look at the pieces I've compiled from www.NastyGal.com & see how prevalent Kelly Kapowski's style is today!

Crop Bustier Top & High-Waisted Denim
Floral Pants
Body-Con Dress
 
Neon Color & High-Waisted Skirt


 Not only did she have the best fashion sense, we can't forget the best accessory she always wore-- Zach Morris on her arm. <3



2 comments:

  1. I LOVED Saved by the Bell! I think it's funny that Kelly's clothes are coming back into style. Jean jacket anyone? Thanks for stopping by my blog :)

    -Sharon
    The Tiny Heart
    Enter my scarf giveaway! (open internationally)

    ReplyDelete
  2. During the second half of the Saved by the Bell era, Kelly was stunning in her clothes. I was more turned on by her at that point than any other girl on the planet. Her clothing was so much a part of what aroused me about her. As salacious as I became with my fantasies, I invariably wanted her to still have at least half her clothes while I ravished her.

    ReplyDelete