Monday, October 22, 2012

I Ain't Sayin' She a Gold Digger...-Balmain RTW 2010


Balmain RTW 2010 Collection
 Now I ain't sayin' she a gold digger 
But she ain't messin' wit no broke nigga
-Kanye West

And Kanye's right- these dresses definitely don't look like they belong to any woman messing with a broke nigga.

I am OBSESSED with this whole collection. I wanted to include every look from this line, but I decided to just share (more than) a few of my favorites. As you can probably tell from plenty of my previous posts, I love the sheen and boldness of a metallic piece. Christophe Decarnin, former designer of Balmain, undoubtedly knew exactly how to incorporate gold into his collection.

Autumn is upon us, which means it is time to put the neons and bright colors away, and opt for more appropriate colors for this season. When I think of Autumn, I think of rich, deep hues of reds, oranges, browns and mustards. However, I think gold is a perfect color for this season- especially for those who love to stand out!
Elle Cover
Balmain RTW 2012
I've been dying over Balmain ever since Selena Gomez's cover on Elle Magazine, as I have written about before. But it wasn't until Zoe Saldana's red carpet premiere of Colombiana in that iconic Balmain dress, that I decided to probe more into Balmain's past collections. Even with Decarnin gone, Balmain still knows how to create the most beautiful clothes.

Balmain Resort 2012
It's almost impossible to decide which look is my favorite. Still, I would have to say the mini dress on the bottom left is the one I'd want if I had to choose just one. What's your favorite?


No comments:

Post a Comment